[Mplayer-dvb] ac3 sound in vdr file not recognized by mplayer and mencoder ?Wed Jan 2 21:17:00 2002

Gerald Raaf graaf at attglobal.net
Fri Jan 4 16:37:07 CET 2002

Hi Dieter,

Dieter Bloms schrieb:

> Hi Gerald,
>
> On Thu, Jan 03, Gerald Raaf wrote:
>
> > can Dieter Bloms tell me if he patched vdr, because i didn't get ac3
> > sound through vdr, I tested with -a 'play-ac3 -' and -a 'a52dec -' and I
> > never get ac3passthrough.
>
> no, vdr works fine for me with ac3dec from alsa package.

how did you use the emu10k1 driver and alsa driver working together, have you
different machines for mplayer and vdr.
I set up my machine without alsa.
next I compiled alsa beta10a ...
I didnt modify my modules.conf
I've tested the -a 'ac3dec -P' then the following error apeared "snd_pcm:open
failed: no such file or directory"
must I update modules.conf and load alsa-driver
sometime ago I installed Suse7.3 (christmas) with alsa-beta10a but with this I
can't get ac3passthrough working.
I have a DTT3500 digital speaker set, and there is a green light if there is a
digital signal detected.
any ideas?

> > I've tested the hotfix patch for ac3 with vdr files,
> > it works for about 10-20 seconds then i got the message system to slow.
>
> do you mean playback with mplayer or vdr ?

i mean playback in mplayer

> > then i test with
> > mplayer -vc null -vo null -ac hwac3 -ao oss 001.vdr
>
> I don't add the option -ao oss
>
> > still the same message with system slow.
> >
> > the System i've testen is as follow
> > Suse 7.3
> > emu10k1 cvs 20020103
> > SBLive Platinium 5.1
>
> I've a SB Live Player 5.1 (~45 EUR)
>
> > I did the same test without this Hotfix patch to Play DVD with ac3
> > passthrough
> > but i get also the message with to slow System
> > if i jump forward I can hear again ac3 sound for about 10-20 sec
>
> --
> Mit freundlichen Gruessen,
>
>         Dieter Bloms (Dieter.Bloms at suse.de)

> SuSE Linux Solutions AG,    Tel:   +49-911-74053653
> Deutschherrnstr. 15-19,     Fax:   +49-911-74053674
> 90429 Nuernberg,            Email: Dieter.Bloms at suse.de
> Germany                     WWW:   http://www.suse.de
>
> Key fingerprint = C54E EAD2 784A 5402 C4E4  A58A 414A AEA1 9038 7583

Gruss
Gerald