[Mplayer-dvb] dvbstream 0.4pre2 - PS streaming and mplayer patch

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Thu Jan 31 21:55:07 CET 2002

Hi,

> > hmm. it means i should implement TS demuxer in mplayer.
> > i heard somewhere that the rtp code in mplayer includes it.
> >
> > anyway i have an idea for TS support, so i'll do it asap.
>
> I would prefer to stream TS because of the ability to broadcast a whole
> multiplex (i.e. 4 or 5 channels) at once, so a TS demuxer in mplayer would be
> very useful.

hmm. it's possible with PS too, it allows multiple audio and video
streams...

btw just tested it, but i got broken file:

./dvbstream -f 10798 -p h -s 27500 520 521 -ps -o > test.mpg

playing test.mpg with mplayer it recognise mpeg PS stream, plays it but
few (~10%) macroblocks are broken and libmpeg2 recovers from sig11 very
often...

i'll try RTP too, later

> > > dvbstream should now also be compatible with other clients that can play
> > > MPEG-2 program streams.
> >
> > PS or PES ?
>
> Currently dvbstream broadcasts PS, but it would be trivial to add a PES
> option.  Which would you recommend?

PS. PES is not too common, mplayer handles both, but most other players PS only

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team

mailto:arpi at thot.banki.hu
http://esp-team.scene.hu