[Mplayer-dvb] dvbstream 0.4pre2 - PS streaming and mplayer patch

Dave Chapman dave at dchapman.com
Thu Jan 31 22:49:11 CET 2002

On Thursday 31 January 2002 20:55, you wrote:
> Hi,
> hmm. it's possible with PS too, it allows multiple audio and video
> streams...
>
> btw just tested it, but i got broken file:
>
> ../dvbstream -f 10798 -p h -s 27500 520 521 -ps -o > test.mpg

It sounds like reception problems to me - do you have the same strong winds
as we are suffering in London?  Can you use the "-v" and "-a" options to test
that the signal is being received cleanly and a stable picture appears on the
TV-out?  i.e.

./dvbstream -f 10798 -p h -s 27500 -v 520 -a 521 -ps -o > test.mpg

I've only tried it with DVB-T broadcasts (a wind-proof internal aerial), and
they work fine.  What are other people's experience?

> playing test.mpg with mplayer it recognise mpeg PS stream, plays it but
> few (~10%) macroblocks are broken and libmpeg2 recovers from sig11 very
> often...
>
> i'll try RTP too, later

Thanks,

Dave.