[Mplayer-users] fonts

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Sun Apr 1 07:56:47 CEST 2001

Hi,

> I just tried mplayer. It is great! Unfortunately there is probably
> no support for ISO8859-2 in *.raw fonts. So my question is:
> what editor/tool was used to create these fonts ? Or maybe
These (alpha) fonts are made with Photoshop by Chass.

> there is some documentation about how to create/update
> fonts files/fonts.desc ?
It's in fonts.desc in the comments :)

Btw the whole fonts/osd/sub stuff is very experimental yet, doesn't
work well even for us. We're working on that, maybe the font format will
changed too. And the fonts aren't yet finished.

> btw. there will be rpms with mplayer at:
> ftp://ftp.pld.org.pl/test/i{3,5,6}86/
> and then at
> ftp://ftp.pld.org.pl/PLD-1.0/i{3,5,6}86/PLD/RPMS/
I still don't like the idea of binary packages.
It's nice to compile for different CPUs, but how do you solve
supporting various output drivers (gl,sdl,xv,mga)? And what's
with the config.h parameters? Like HAVE_AUDIO_SELECT? It depends
on the soundcard driver!

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team

mailto:arpi at thot.banki.hu
http://esp-team.scene.hu