[Mplayer-users] cutting half of the video

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Mon Apr 2 07:00:33 CEST 2001

Hi,

> A> The only exception is SDL, it's disabled because there was too many
> A> problems with it, and it was previously unsupported. We should detect
> A> somehow SDL's version, and enable only if >=1.1.7
> Configure already detects SDL-version so that should be too hard to
> implement, but someone else should do that, I have no clue from
> configure stuff :(
Do you mean autoconf, doesn't?
Our ./configure script is "hand-made", not generated using the
autoconf program.

> But I only mentioned that the video cut half way through could be caused
> by the video driver, so he should test another one and see if it
> works, because I had the same probelm once with dga output I think.
Yes. Someone should fix it. I've never heard about this problem before.

> Btw2. most vidout drivers don't cope correctly with keystroke
I think it's already solved, it was problem when we used 3 processes,
and libvo ran in different process than mplayer. Now it must be ok,
if the event handler of the vo driver is implemented in check_events().
Maybe you should fix/change this in the SDL driver.

> handlings as described in mplayer README, in most cases ESC kills the
> programm instead of changing from fullscreen/windowed, I think I'll
> try fixing that if I get some time. (I'm testing with dga, fsdga, x11,
> xv and sdl output).
ESC is normally has the QUIT function, the only exception is the SDL driver,
where it is the switch key between window/fullscreen.

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team

mailto:arpi at thot.banki.hu
http://esp-team.scene.hu