[Mplayer-users] cutting half of the video

Felix Bünemann Felix.Buenemann at gmx.de
Sun Apr 1 23:21:47 CEST 2001

Hello Arpi,

Monday, April 02, 2001, 5:57:58 AM, you wrote:

A> Hi,

>> Try one of the other output drivers like sdl (must be enabled on
>> compile with ./configure --enable-sdl or x11 or xv - xv is sometimes
>> not detected automatically so try ./configure --enable-xv to manually
>> enable it).
A> Please, if you have something driver, but it is not detected by mplayer,
A> please try to fix it, and send us the patch!
A> The only exception is SDL, it's disabled because there was too many
A> problems with it, and it was previously unsupported. We should detect
A> somehow SDL's version, and enable only if >=1.1.7
Configure already detects SDL-version so that should be too hard to
implement, but someone else should do that, I have no clue from
configure stuff :(

But I only mentioned that the video cut half way through could be caused
by the video driver, so he should test another one and see if it
works, because I had the same probelm once with dga output I think.
Btw. sdl output is very usable for me, I have some bug report from
Gabucino regarding libaa output not working but I hadn't got time yet
to look into it (holidays in one week finally =).
It would be nice if more users used sdl so I could get some bug
reports (not many users will use it if its stated highly experimental
;-).

Btw2. most vidout drivers don't cope correctly with keystroke
handlings as described in mplayer README, in most cases ESC kills the
programm instead of changing from fullscreen/windowed, I think I'll
try fixing that if I get some time. (I'm testing with dga, fsdga, x11,
xv and sdl output).

--
Best regards,
 Felix                            mailto:Felix.Buenemann at gmx.de