[Mplayer-users] advice on dvd rip

Gabucino gabucino at k2.jozsef.kando.hu
Wed Apr 11 01:12:50 CEST 2001

It's the Question that drives us, Stefan Recksiegel :
> I found that quite slow, mpeg2divx (freshmeat.net) is _much_
> nicer, just one command line:
And did you compare it to ones made with VirtualDub or any other?
I used it for months: its quality is _shit_ .

> nice -n 15 /usr/local/bin/mpeg2divx -b 2700 -w 360 -h 288 -as 1\
Its bitrate setting option isn't compatible with _the_ DivX codec.
Size of a DivX converted on windoze with bitrate of 1800 = size of DivX
converted with x2divx (that's the name) with bitrate of 9000 .
Author didn't comment..

--
Gabucino