[Mplayer-users] Asus ASV2 codec

Felix.Buenemann at gmx.de Felix.Buenemann at gmx.de
Sat Apr 14 16:47:20 CEST 2001

Hallo Jens,

> hi,
>
> i tried to get the Asus ASV2 codec to work, but I still get only
> a pixelized display..
>
> i patched mplayer to support the UYVY overlay format (and some others,
> as well) properly for vo_xv and vo_sdl. The codec seems to work with
> the overlay, but still, as i said its pixelized :(
Thanx for the patch,
please upload a short sample avi using the codec aswell as the codec itself
(with dshow version, too if available) to a seperate dir and mail me about
it. (ftp://thot.banki.hu/incoming/)
AVI samples for the other newly implemented image formats would also be a
nice thing to verify they are working correct.

> has anybody a clue, of thats going wrong here?
> iirc i saw that pixelation under windows, too, with some player.
Many video codecs don't support filtering (at least the mjpeg, huffyuv,
wavelet and so on codecs don't filter their output wenn zoomed under windooze
with media player).

--
Best Regards,
   Felix