[Mplayer-users] Voodoo3 with XVideo extension

Erlend Steinsvik erlend at steinsvik.com
Sat Apr 21 19:03:42 CEST 2001

On Sat, 21 Apr 2001, Felix Buenemann wrote:

> Please check the output of xvinfo command and look if the mode mplayer wants
> to set (i.e. YUY2) is listed in the list of supported image formats under
> xvinfo. You can also try using sdl out it also support xv acceleration, maybe
> you have more luck with it (libSDL 1.1.7 or later required).

Hum... looks like the divx are using modes YV12 and I420. The funny thing
is that both of these are listed when I run xvinfo. Still, I get the
message "Sorry, Xv not supported by this X11 version/driver" when I run
mplayer -vo xv filename.avi.

I don't get it. The -vo sdl parameter doesn't work. Perhaps that has got
something to do with the fact that I use precompiled binaries, since I
can't compile the thing myself. I only get this message:

makedepend -f- -- -O4 -march=i686 -mcpu=i686 -pipe -ffast-math -I. -I..
-I../wine -- DS_AudioDec.cpp DS_VideoDec.cpp DS_Filter.cpp allocator.cpp
cmediasample.cpp guids.cpp inputpin.cpp outputpin.cpp 1>.depend 2>/dev/null
make[1]: *** [.depend] Error 127
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/erlend/main/loader/DirectShow'
make: *** [loader/DirectShow/libDS_Filter.a] Error 2

Erlend Steinsvik
erlend at steinsvik.com