[Mplayer-users] Clicking/pausing/generally bad sound

BERECZ Szabolcs szabi at inf.elte.hu
Wed Apr 25 02:19:28 CEST 2001

Hi!

On Wed, 25 Apr 2001, Emma Tonkin wrote:

> Oops, sorry, forgot to mention it: I've also tried about four other
> display options including x11 and they all did pretty much the same
> thing...  the worst-looking picture was x11 but the sound was more or less
> indistinguishable each time.
>
> It may be, if fbdev itself is buggy (I'm using the newest kernel and
> x-windows I could find) that my X is running on the fbdev driver and
> therefore uses it whichever output mode I specify... if that makes sense.
fbdev usually means vo_fbdev here :)
so fbdev is my code, it's not in the kernel.

Arpi?
isn't it the same as with the athlons?
I don't know exactly, what was the problem with the athlons, but that was
also about sound.
maybe mplayer is not working with too fast cpus? :)
hmm. no. Arpi has a p3 900
so at least it's not a common problem.
I don't have any idea :(

Bye,