[Mplayer-users] RedHat 7.1 and nVidia cards

venugopal G.V.R. venu at gdit.iiit.net
Wed Apr 25 06:16:54 CEST 2001

Hi,
	I am using the NVidia 0.9-769 drivers from NVidia on a RH 7.1
system with XFree86 4.0.3, with kernel 2.4.3 . They work just fine, except
of course for the
OpenGL, which anyway (according to the docs) does not work with DRI. I
downloaded  the GLX and the kernel modules from
http://home.mira.net/~ashridah. What you might want to try is downloading
the kernel source, compiling it, and recompiling the kernel module with
the SYSINCLUDE option set to your compiled kernel header files
directory. You will probably not get any problems then. Oh, and remove any
old NV kernel modules lying around in the same kernel modules directory as
the one you have compiled. mplayer with option -vo x11 works fine full
screen and otherwise. I have not benchmarked the driver, so I cannot tell
you the CPU and other usage.

						yours,
						venu