[Mplayer-users] Audio & video resync

Nick Kurshev nickols_k at mail.ru
Wed Apr 25 12:37:45 CEST 2001

Hello!

>>You suggestions have no effect on my files. Problem is not solved. Playing with key -bps even worst than
>>without. I have found that audio & video streams are resync after overloading of CPU. If key -bps is not
>>used there is possibility to sync streams again, but with -bps streams never sync.
>>Exampe: I watch the film 'Species' with russian translation. This film have size of picture 600x400. (4:3
>>format In the places where story is very dynamic my cpu is overloaded and after it sound outdistance from
>>video on 3-5 sec. After pressing left and right arrow keys (sometime 'P' - pause  key) streams are sync
>>again. But if I use  -bps it's not possible and streams never sync again until of end of film.
>
>Sounds to me like your machine just doesn't have enough power to
>decode your AVIs.
>
>Get the x2divx package. In it are avi2divx and mpeg2divx. You can use
>avi2divx to re-encode your divx file to a lower resolution. Drop it down
>from 640x400 to 320x200, and encode 2000 frames or so. Test the output.
>My guess is that it will play fine.
>
>If it does, your solution is to get a new machine, not just a new
>video card.

Does it mean that Duron-750 is not power machine? IMHO it's comparable with P3 and Cel2 at least in
fastmemcpy banchmarks. Then what cpu is enough power by your opinion?

Also I forgot to tell: When I ran WinPlayer through wine, altrough it loses much more frames (about 10-20%)
and loads cpu opposite to mplayer (it loses only several little blocks of frames per film), in wplayer+wine video
and audio streams never resync.

Best regards! Nick