[Mplayer-users] Audio & video resync

mgraffam at idsi.net mgraffam at idsi.net
Wed Apr 25 09:07:59 CEST 2001

On Wed, 25 Apr 2001, Nick Kurshev wrote:

> Does it mean that Duron-750 is not power machine? IMHO it's comparable
> with P3 and Cel2 at least in fastmemcpy banchmarks. Then what cpu is
> enough power by your opinion?

I would think a Duron 750 is fast enough, but maybe there are issues
with the Duron that I'm not familiar with.

Do this: mplayer -vo null blah.avi

Take note of the CPU usage. If the usage is much higher when actually
displaying frames, then maybe there is a problem with the video driver
and/or image conversion routines. If not, then you are probably having
problems on the decompression/memory moving side.

--
Michael Graffam (mgraffam at idsi.net)
The importance of a suburban struggle has usually been underestimated;