[Mplayer-users] Audio & video resync

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Wed Apr 25 12:32:31 CEST 2001

Hi,

> >If it does, your solution is to get a new machine, not just a new
> >video card.
>
> Does it mean that Duron-750 is not power machine? IMHO it's comparable with P3 and Cel2 at least in
> fastmemcpy banchmarks. Then what cpu is enough power by your opinion?
cel2 (or k7) is far enough for everything.
even k6-2/500 or celeron 450 is enough for full rate DVD or DivX playing.
_BUT_ and _ONLY_ if you have a really fast video card with quality linux
drivers (ie. geforce-3-ddr is not good _if_ you have no good drivers...)

I think, the best solution for linux is Matrox G400. It has very fast
hardware YUV scaler. Combined with an MTRR-capable cpu it's great!

But any other card also OK with working, fast Xv driver.

If no Xv, then you still have some chance with DGA.

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team

mailto:arpi at thot.banki.hu
http://esp-team.scene.hu