[Mplayer-users] Audio & video resync

Nick Kurshev nickols_k at mail.ru
Thu Apr 26 14:23:37 CEST 2001

Hello, Arpi!

On Wed, 25 Apr 2001 12:32:31 +0200 (CEST), Arpi wrote:

>cel2 (or k7) is far enough for everything.
>even k6-2/500 or celeron 450 is enough for full rate DVD or DivX playing.
>_BUT_ and _ONLY_ if you have a really fast video card with quality linux
>drivers (ie. geforce-3-ddr is not good _if_ you have no good drivers...)
>
>I think, the best solution for linux is Matrox G400. It has very fast
>hardware YUV scaler. Combined with an MTRR-capable cpu it's great!
>
>But any other card also OK with working, fast Xv driver.
>
>If no Xv, then you still have some chance with DGA.

What you think about collection of different benchmark tests on different hardware?
IMHO, many people interest with it. It can help them to decide about purchasing
new hardware or upgrading old. So far as I understand many people are ready to give
such information about own hardware. It would be better to have comparsion results
of playing video streams on ATIRageon vs MatroxG450 vs NVidia(3300-7700) vs
Savage2000 and a lot other video cards. ;) It could be subject
'Best video card for MPlayer' or 'Best setting for different video cards' in
DOCS/VIDEOCARDS file. There could be suggestions about driver version, driver setting,
kernel settings, X11 setting and much more. It can be expandable by new reports of users.

Best regards! Nick