[Mplayer-users] found a bug!!!

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Sat Aug 4 12:25:59 CEST 2001

Hi,

> I think i foumd a bug in mplayer...when playing a file (both mpeg and avi)
> without audio (here a mean that the file is without audio stream), the video
>  stream goes VERY fast, not in real time. BTW: I got an ATI all in wonder video
remove -benchmark option from commandline or configfile.

> card (chip: rage 128) 16 MB and i can play allmost fine video files with the
> -vo gl option (there are A/V sync problems) but when playing DVDs the only
why don't you use -vo xv for that card??? it's faster, better.
gl is buggy in X 4.x.x, it worked well (and fast) only with Utah-GLX.

> thing i got is a white image. I'm using XFree86 4.1.0 the one modified by SuSE
> (i don't really think it does really matter).
everything does matter. use Gatos XV drivers.

> How long for the GUI?
too long.

> What about translating in greek? Is it OK? I can do it...
ok, do it.

> that's it for now
next time please RTFM DOCS/BUGREPORTS

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team