[Mplayer-users] opendivx and brightness

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Tue Aug 7 00:52:44 CEST 2001

Hi,

> When I use the "-vo odivx" option, to decode using opendivx,
                  ^^^                   ^^^^^^^
it's encoding. to decode nothing requires by you. if you want to be
sure, use -vc odivx.

> I get no screen. The console prints no errors, but sound is bad too. Sound comes for about 0,5 s at the time with pauses in between.
> When following the Opendivx  guide in the docs, sound playback is normal, but I still don't get any screen.

read it again. it means opendivx __encoder__. so it's normal to no image,
images are written to avi file, not displayed.
audio is strange, it should be disabled for encoding.
(audio encoding not yet supported)

> Another issue I have, when using any other avi codec, is that the
> movies are far too dark. My monitor is on max brightness, and xgamma
> changes everything but the movie playbacks.
which vo driver do you use? xv?

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team

mailto:arpi at thot.banki.hu
http://esp-team.scene.hu