[Mplayer-users] opendivx and brightness

Erik Almqvist erik.almqvist at home.se
Tue Aug 7 00:44:03 CEST 2001

When I use the "-vo odivx" option, to decode using opendivx, I get no screen. The console prints no errors, but sound is bad too. Sound comes for about 0,5 s at the time with pauses in between.
When following the Opendivx  guide in the docs, sound playback is normal, but I still don't get any screen.

Another issue I have, when using any other avi codec, is that the movies are far too dark. My monitor is on max brightness, and xgamma changes everything but the movie playbacks.

My system is:
PII 300, 160 mb ram, TNT2 M64, SB Live! Platinum, mplayer latest cvs, debian sid, XF 4.1 and Enlightenment 0.17 latest cvs

Thanx in advance
Erik Almqist
erik.almqvist at home.se
http://ealm.org