[Mplayer-users] Real DVD support!

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Tue Aug 21 10:30:14 CEST 2001

Hi,

> > Can you detail this? What does "performs better" means here?
>
> Playback is faster, must faster even. With mplayer it looks as if the movie
> is played in slow motion almost, at least at half it's speed. I decided to
> run with the -v switch to give you some data to look at and to my surprise
> the dvd playback was faster then!? That only lasted for a while into the
heh?
then it's problem of your system!!!
mayeb too slow xterm, try to redirect output to /dev/null...
also, check that your audio driver is ok.
(i mean i supports audio timers and syncronization ioctls)

btw. if you don't like this player (i think so, i've never heard a good
word about it from you, only complain and problems and feature requests) then
why do you use it? are you forced?

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team

mailto:arpi at thot.banki.hu
http://esp-team.scene.hu