[Mplayer-users] Ogg support

Felix Buenemann atmosfear at users.sourceforge.net
Thu Aug 23 10:48:06 CEST 2001

On Wednesday, 22. August 2001 22:42, Heiko Garrelts wrote:
> Hi
>
> I now ogg (vorbis) is only a sound format at the moment but with tarkin
> video support will be added. So what about adding ogg vorbis support even
> now? It would be great to play also music with mplayer, so I don't have to
> use xmms only for ogg files.
I haven't tested, but nandub can multiplex avi with ogg vorbis sound so it's
possible already.
> Would this be possible? With this mplayer would be the perfect player for
> me it really has everything I ever need besides ogg support :-)
everything is possible :)
are there ogg/vorbis libs for linux and where can they be found?

--
Best Regards,
	Atmos

_____
The three great virtues of a programmer: laziness, impatience, and hubris.
	- Larry Wall