[Mplayer-users] Ogg support

Bohdan Horst nexus at hoth.amu.edu.pl
Thu Aug 23 11:18:22 CEST 2001

On Thu, Aug 23, 2001 at 10:48:06AM +0200, Felix Buenemann wrote:

> On Wednesday, 22. August 2001 22:42, Heiko Garrelts wrote:
> > Hi
> >
> > Would this be possible? With this mplayer would be the perfect player for
> > me it really has everything I ever need besides ogg support :-)
> everything is possible :)
> are there ogg/vorbis libs for linux and where can they be found?

vorbis:

This package contains libvorbis, an LGPLed software implementation of
the Vorbis specification by the Xiphophorus company
(http://www.xiph.org/), and vorbisfile, an LGPLed convenience library
built on Vorbis designed to simplify common uses.

WWW: http://www.xiph.org/ogg/
file: libvorbis-1.0rc1.tar.gz
(/usr/ports/audio/libvorbis on FreeBSD)

ogg:

Ogg project codecs use the Ogg bitstream format to arrange the raw,
compressed bitstream into a more robust, useful form.  For example,
the Ogg bitstream makes seeking, time stamping and error recovery
possible, as well as mixing several separate, concurrent media
streams into a single physical bitstream.

WWW: http://www.xiph.org/ogg/
file: libogg-1.0rc1.tar.gz
(/usr/ports/audio/libogg on FreeBSD)

(or general vorbis meta port at /usr/ports/audio/vorbis)

best regards

--
 / irl:Bohdan 'Nexus' Horst | mailto:nexus at irc.pl | irc:Nexus \