[Mplayer-users] Ogg support

Attila Kinali kinali at gmx.net
Thu Aug 23 22:37:25 CEST 2001

On Wed, 22 Aug 2001 16:42:56 -0400 Heiko Garrelts <hgarrelts at web.de> wrote:

> I now ogg (vorbis) is only a sound format at the moment but with tarkin video
> support will be added.

I dont think we have to worry about tarkin soon. Tarkin is
still at a very early stage. They didnt decide yet which
algorithm to use for image compression (though it looks
like to be a wavlet transform) and for moving compensation
(what type of moving compensation and/or 3D wavlet transform).

It looks promising but i dont think we'll see a tarkin codec
within a year.

			Attila Kinali

--
Man who sink into womans arms soon have arms in womans sink.