[MPlayer-users] Re: incredibly slow... why ?

Sven Hartge hartge at ds9.argh.org
Tue Dec 4 17:45:37 CET 2001

SMuelas <smuelas at mecanica.upm.es> schrieb:
> [...]

>>> hmm. didn't hear about it but it's an unexpected change then..

>> I remember from the days of Kernel 2.2, that the ALSA-Project
>> Sound-Drivers would be in the next stable release (what we now call
>> kernel 2.4), but ALSA was not ready, so they postponed the merge for the
>> 2.5/2.6 series.

> Forget you "S" please.

Umm, "S!" does _not_ mean "Shit!" or something else, this is just my
method of "signing" my emails.

> Your player does its job wonderfully with Alsa as anyone using
> Mandrake8.1 and mplayer knows very well.

I know, I am using latest ALSA with Debian unstable, works very well.

I just wanted to point out, that it is planned to replace OSS with ALSA
in the 2.5/2.6 kernel series (but as far as I can see, this may be only
an announcement with nothing happening, as it was for 2.3/2.4).

And I wanted to know, how the mplayer developers judge the status of
ALSA, is it just as broken as OSS or would this be the solution to many
problems users are experiencing.

-sh-

--
Fachbegriffe der Informatik - Einfach erklärt
138: OSPF