[MPlayer-users] Problems with mga / xmga

Alexander Werth (gmx) alexander.werth at gmx.de
Wed Dec 5 01:51:45 CET 2001

Am Die, 2001-12-04 um 23.12 schrieb Elian Kool:
> I've got a strange problem with the mga / xmga output of mplayer.
>
> mga: output works, but I have no border, and -fs doesn't work
> (because of this I cant make it bigger, so its no fun to watch ;)
Yup, I had this problem with widescreen videos and mga too.

> xmga: mplayer starts in my second Screen (xinerama), and there
> its pink. If I start it with -fs, I have maybe 15 cm of the
> window in the right (the first) screen, there is it okay.
> If I take the mplayer window and move it to the first screen the
> picture comes as long as I hold the mouse...
Try to set default for the window placement. I'm doing this with my
windowmanager.
Since the G200 still doesn't support high res playback and the xmga
driver can't switch to a different video mode I'm changing the video
mode manually now and use the screenw screenh and fs options (the later
to get black borders).
Alexander Werth

--
The right to read is a battle being fought today...