[MPlayer-users] Problems with mga / xmga

Jukka Tastula jukka.tastula at kotinet.com
Wed Dec 5 09:48:48 CET 2001

> xmga: mplayer starts in my second Screen (xinerama), and there
> its pink. If I start it with -fs, I have maybe 15 cm of the
> window in the right (the first) screen, there is it okay.
> If I take the mplayer window and move it to the first screen the
> picture comes as long as I hold the mouse...

> Driver: Newest driver from Matrox

I think its safe to say its a problem with the matrox driver. I couldn't even
get XV output working with it properly. With the standard mga_drv.o with
XFree86 4.1.0 its perfect but it won't give you dualhead support :(

So go scream at matrox for not releasing an up to date driver for such a long
while, that thing won't even do DRI with XFree 4.1.0 and new 2.4 kernels.
I guess they're too busy hyping their new 31337 windows XP drivers :]