[MPlayer-users] mencoder & 2-pass divx

Bastian style at wtal.de
Sun Dec 9 14:41:54 CET 2001

Since this is my first post to the mail-list - hello!

Ok, first of all, i'd like to say that mencoder is (for me) the best encoding
tool for linux - and i tried a lot :)

Here we go:

In the doc it is said, that during the first pass of 2-pass divx4 encoding
only some temp files are being created and the output file will later be
written during 2nd pass. but when i run it, e.g. like this
mencoder -ovc divx4 -oac mp3lame foo.vob -divx4opts br=1200 -lameopts
br=192:cbr -o foo.avi -pass 1
it directly creates foo.avi during that first pass. Why ?
------
Compiling mencoder _without_ --disable-sse, mencoder segfaults after about
one hour of encoding on my AMD K6-2 550, RH7.2 (right gcc version), 2.4.13.
So what, in detail, is that sse feature for ?

Regards,
  Bastian