[MPlayer-users] mencoder & 2-pass divx

Bastian style at wtal.de
Sun Dec 9 15:17:43 CET 2001

> > Compiling mencoder _without_ --disable-sse, mencoder segfaults after
> > about one hour of encoding on my AMD K6-2 550, RH7.2 (right gcc version),
> > 2.4.13. So what, in detail, is that sse feature for ?
>
> RTFM DOCS/bugreports.html
> it's a bug, but we need much more info to be able to fix it...
> i hope you really don't use that not-liked-by-us gcc version, and have
> perfect hardware.

I sadly have to correct that mencoder no more segfaults after disabling sse
(since, as you said, the amd has no sse support anyway).
Since I really want that machine to encode, in what way can I help fix this
bug ?
First of all providing information as described in bugreports ?

btw, it segfaults randomly... this time after writing 420mb of encoded avi
file.

Bastian