[MPlayer-users] ...

starz starz at antisocial.com
Sun Dec 9 17:21:26 CET 2001

Ever since leaving windows 2 1/2 years ago I've been craving the same kind
of full screen SVCD quality without framedrops, on my PII 450, like I used
to get, and it seems that Mplayer seems to keep getting closer and closer,
for example VESA is finally working for me, which gets me close (I'm only
skipping a few lines when alot of movement comes about) but my question for
you is...What's left to do?

Does windows anti-alias the video at fullscreen? I ask because (and I'm not
trying to nitpick...just curiousity) I notice the pixels alot more that
when I was under the windows env.

DGA and everything else skips, and maybe I should break down and use the
nvidia binaries (I don't have ANY code I didn't compile on this computer)
but VESA seems to keep getting closer and closer.

Thanks in advance for any answers..

Starsz McCllelan