[MPlayer-users] ...

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Sun Dec 9 18:04:47 CET 2001

^^^^^^^^^^^

> Ever since leaving windows 2 1/2 years ago I've been craving the same kind
> of full screen SVCD quality without framedrops, on my PII 450, like I used
> to get, and it seems that Mplayer seems to keep getting closer and closer,
> for example VESA is finally working for me, which gets me close (I'm only
> skipping a few lines when alot of movement comes about) but my question for
> you is...What's left to do?
RTFM video.html

> Does windows anti-alias the video at fullscreen? I ask because (and I'm not
> trying to nitpick...just curiousity) I notice the pixels alot more that
> when I was under the windows env.

windows drivers uses hardware acceleration and hardware bilinear scaling...

> DGA and everything else skips, and maybe I should break down and use the
> nvidia binaries (I don't have ANY code I didn't compile on this computer)
> but VESA seems to keep getting closer and closer.
>
> Thanks in advance for any answers..

you should accept bad quality of opensourec nvidia drivers or use their
binary shit to get the same quality as under windoze.

or, the recommended way: drop out that shitty card and buy something with
good linux drivers: a matrox or ati card.

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team

mailto:arpi at thot.banki.hu
http://esp-team.scene.hu