[MPlayer-users] bugreport: mencoder segfaults

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Mon Dec 10 19:44:39 CET 2001

Hi,

> no, no. i corrected my statement in previous mail. it _still_ segfaults if
> sse enabled or disabled. i was too fast with that good news 'cos this time it
> encoded over 400mb of divx output before it crashed.
> is it right, that this is a k6 specific bug ?
> so, what to do next. tell me what i can send you to support solving this,
> since i really want to encode on that machine.

is it random, or it does crash exactly the same point each time of the same
file (i mean it's strictly reproductable) ?

if it's random, i think it's hardware problem. download and run memtest86
for hours. dixv4 encoding is very cpu and memory intensive process, and a
0.0000001% hardware failure can produce such crash.

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team

mailto:arpi at thot.banki.hu
http://esp-team.scene.hu