[MPlayer-users] bugreport: mencoder segfaults

Bastian style at wtal.de
Mon Dec 10 20:03:06 CET 2001

Am Montag, 10. Dezember 2001 19:44 schrieben Sie:
> is it random, or it does crash exactly the same point each time of the same
> file (i mean it's strictly reproductable) ?
>
> if it's random, i think it's hardware problem. download and run memtest86
> for hours. dixv4 encoding is very cpu and memory intensive process, and a
> 0.0000001% hardware failure can produce such crash.

it is random. i know this is a hardware intensive process but i never had any
problems so far. i used several time that DiVxRipper frontend to libmpeg and
divx4linux. there were no probs like this (accept that the output quality did
not satisfy me at all).
i understand that you need more proof before spending time on my prob.

SO TO ALL IN HERE :)
anyone else has problems with mencoder, in precise, segfaults ????

Bastian.