[MPlayer-users] MPlayer + DXR3 + Subtitle

David Holm dholm at telia.com
Tue Dec 11 11:10:13 CET 2001

Jani Averbach wrote:

>[Automatic answer: RTFM (read DOCS, FAQ), also read DOCS/bugreports.html]
>
>Hi there!
>
>I would like ask is there change to get subtitle to work with mplayer's
>dxr3-decoder, which one using dxr3view to show the picture. I try find
>this out about from documentation and from mailing list, but none success
>for so far. If this possible to get work at the moment, how should I do
>it?
>
>The used version of software:
>
>MPlayer CVS-011210-07:00-2.95.3 (C) 2000-2001 Arpad Gereoffy (see DOCS!)
>em8300-0.9.0
>
>If there is some prototyping stuff I would like test it.
>
>Very nice work, Thanks!
>
>BR, Jani
>
>--
>Jani Averbach

I'm still working from this. I'm torn between three major areas of
development, subtitles, realtime video encoding and the move towards
libvo2 and it seems every time I finish some part of one of these areas
one of the other is the one everyone seems interested in at the time.
The subtitles part (video overlay) is currently on hold because I want
to finish the realtime video encoder (which is going to replace libmp1e).
People with fast computers (faster than my dev system anyway) seems to
have issues with libmp1e as it encodes video too fast and the video
buffer runs full resulting in glitching frames. So many issues, so
little help so little time =(.

Seriously, if anyone would volounteer to finish the subpicture part of
the dxr3 code start lining up. Or if you have another card that supports
subpictures and want to add support for overlays on it.

//David Holm