[MPlayer-users] Broken AVI-files

Herman Tamas hermantom at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 11 23:43:39 CET 2001

On Tue, 11 Dec 2001 20:23:36 +0100
Piotr Wiejak <Piotr at Wiejak.priv.pl> wrote:
> for one session - next time I have to rebuild it again.
> Is there any method to SAVE the rebuilded index directly into broken avi file?
yeah, it would b nice 2 cache it somehow. id also like such a feature.
u can frequently get into such a situation if u have films downloaded
incompletely, but u wanna watch the dled part. in such a case u have 2
restart mplayer some times eg. for the following reasons:
- uve missed some parameters
  - like preprocessing
  - explicit codec definition
  - -fs -vm
- u r trying to dl the matching subtitle from dvd.box.sk
  and trying 2 test them against the movie
- u wanna continue watching the film from the point uve interrupted
  last time (eg. there is some more minutes have dled till that time)
  though this would require the ability of updating the cached index
  incrementally...
- no more reasons come 2 me mind @ the moment

(my latest actual case happened w me the last few days.
 ive managed 2 dl saving private ryan but ive resumed it 4 times.
 none of the 5 possible subtitles was in sync w it.
 its a 2h49min long film... so try 2 imagine that...)

most sound processing applications do such caching. 1st 1 what comes
2 me mind is transcriber (apt-get install transcriber). developers,
have a look @ it!
--
  |\      _,,,,--,,_ http://www.geocities.com/hermantom .~.
  /,`.-'`'    -,  \-;       hermantom at yahoo.com         /V\