[MPlayer-users] Graphics Card with TV-Out supported by mplayer

Daniel A. Nagy nagydani at mast.queensu.ca
Sun Dec 16 20:28:55 CET 2001

Hi,

> > Actually, if you are in Europe, you're probably better of hacking together a
> > cable that connects the VGA output of your computer to the SCART input of
> > your TV and use something like this at the monitor section modeline:
>
> but i needs a TV with RGB input, right?

Right.

> i've never seen such TV...
> all of them use only composite i/o of the scart connector :(

That's not true. Those manufactured in the European Union are REQUIRED to
have RGB inputs. Therefore, if you go for Grundig or Phillips, you get RGB
input. Some non-EU manufacturers also tend to put RGB inputs on their TV's
like Sony or Daewoo (at least those assembled in Russia, at "Rubin" or
"Positron" plants). Further, most home-theater systems sold in Europe
usually have RGB inputs, no matter who produces them. Finally, I guess, more
recent Hungarian TVs also have RGB inputs. I have seen such a thing on an
Orion box, but I suspect Videoton has them as well.

I know that the above listed sets are not exactly the cheapest TV's one can
buy, but I think they're worth it anyway. Well-built TVs last longer and are
much more fun to watch. And, in turn, they save you some money on the video
card as well. ;-)

--
Dan