[MPlayer-users] Graphics Card with TV-Out supported by mplayer

Stephen Davies steve at daviesfam.org
Sun Dec 16 23:49:01 CET 2001

> > > Actually, if you are in Europe, you're probably better of hacking together a
> > > cable that connects the VGA output of your computer to the SCART input of
> > > your TV and use something like this at the monitor section modeline:
> >
> > but i needs a TV with RGB input, right?
>
> Right.

Every TV sold in Europe for ages has a SCART input.

I've built and used a VGA->RGB-scart cable, and it did give an excellent
picture.  A big problem, though is that few modern graphics cards will
support the 15.625kHz horizontal scan rate, and even fewer still support
generating interlaced video.

I could find no card that has a driver with XVideo support, and would also
do interlaced PAL rate video.

Steve