[MPlayer-users] audio problem playing divx

z0nk zonkishe_NOSPAM_ at seznam.cz
Mon Dec 17 17:52:17 CET 2001

Matthias Knelangen wrote:

> Hi there
>
> I have a little problem
> I downloaded the last version of mplayer it compiled very well and its running
> with the SDL library. only thing is that I've some problem with divx files. If
> i play them in normal mode i get the message my system is too slow. When using
> the framedrop option i get no more error message but the audio part is strictly
> retarded by about 2s ... this will go away after some time.
> I don't think this is a hardware problem because i got an athlon 900 with 256M
> and a 32M graphic chip.
>
> I would like to know if so has encoountered the same problem and could give me
> a hint how to change it.
>
> thanks for your help
> matze

Hi,
at first RTFM about bug reports. I think that this problem is in FAQ, it
is maybe due to buggy audio driver (I had a problem like this), but you
did not write anything about mplayer start, audio driver you use etc...
So first read DOCS/bugreports.html!

Zonk                                       <zonkische at seznam dot cz>