[MPlayer-users] Problem with tv encoding

domi dombal at freemail.hu
Tue Dec 18 19:36:56 CET 2001

>  hetz]$ mplayer -tv
> on:driver=v4l:device=/dev/video0:width=384:height=288:driver=v4l:channel=5:input=0

ok, problem is elsewhere it seems, since tv is working at me with the
parameters you tried.

i found this line in your log:

"Detected video codec: [null] drv:0 (NULL codec (no decoding))"

this is surely bad. at me, your mplayer command line gives these results:

"Detected video codec: [rawyv12] drv:8 (RAW YV12)"

So it seems that you should update your ./mplayer/codecs.conf file from
the etc/codecs.conf of mplayer maybe? If it's up to date, then i can't
figure out what's wrong, sorry. Maybe someone else will...

domi