[MPlayer-users] activating MMS/HTTP streaming in cvs?

Alban Bedel albeu at free.fr
Fri Dec 21 18:47:57 CET 2001

On 21 Dec 2001 14:58:48 +0100
Thomas Malt <tm at linpro.no> wrote:

> Hm.. I've been thinking some time now to patch afsrecorder to support
> writing to STDOUT.
	I alredy do one if you are interested, but as I said it's pretty buggy. And knowing
	the current state of the asf streaming in mplayer if you just want to use it with mplayer
	you will waste your time. I mean mplayer asf streaming really work (don't have checked for
	few days) except perhaps with a few buggy server. I think it will soon be turned on by
	default.

> If only I'd gotten the time to dig into MPlayer sourcecode and fix asx
> parsing and mmx streaming there aswell. But with MPlayer I've never
> gotten further than to look at cfg-mplayer.h and cfg-mencoder.h
> looking for commandline options not yet mentioned in the documentation
	I've done an asx parser but now it should be integrated in mplayer. But you
	can still download the asx file, look at it and give the url to mplayer
	wich will happilly play it. It's only don't work with some server (ie yahoo brodcast)
	wich seem to encode some parameter from the download request
	(user-agent and some other) in the urls.