[MPlayer-users] Some bugs occured at my PC

Michael michaelstather at t-online.de
Sat Dec 22 15:07:05 CET 2001

I could write a few pages about my system configuration, but I think these
bugs are not system dependant (if yes, forget this mail):

1:
My only video codec is divx4linux, I am using mplayer only for watching divx
videos.
Using the default codecs.conf, the win32 codecs which arent installed are
lsted before the installed divx4linux codec.
If I open a divx4 movie, mplayer says "couldnt initialize video codec", I
think because it looks only for the first matching fourcc code and if this
codec isnt available, it aborts.
If I copy the divx4linux section at the beginning of the config file or
specify the divx4 codec per -vc, everything works fine.
It would be better if Mplayer looks at all the codecs with matching fourcc
code in the config file, selecting the first, BUT if it isnt available, going
down the list and trying the other codecs which support divx4.

2:
If I use the vesa output driver, when quitting mplayer the console window is
redrawn, bit the rest of the screen remains the last movie picture.
I usually take the console window and drag it around until the screen looks
normal again.
A fully screen redraw at the exit of MPlayer in this case would be better,
wouldnt it.