[MPlayer-users] Mencoder and windows media player

Tharkun tharkun at gmx.de
Tue Dec 25 11:41:37 CET 2001

I tried to play an mencoder encoded file with windows media player
8.00.00.4477 with the Divx 4.12 Codec. Media Player only plays the sound it
doesn't know which video codec to use. The file plays in "The Playa" which
comes with the codec but A-V is badly out of sync ! I encoded with no
options but pass. Is this the fault of the divx4 codec or do I have to give
some special options ? The files play just fine with mplayer.

Tharkun