[MPlayer-users] Re: mga_vid install doc

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Wed Dec 26 15:18:52 CET 2001

Hi,

> > Grepping a file/directory, which in many cases is not
> > availible, is just plain nonsense, in my opinion.
>
> Oh, okay. Enlighten me will you, how exactly would you check
> where the user decided to put his kernel source? Is there a
> /dev/crystalball you can ask this from?  I compile kernels as
> user too in /usr/src/ as that is some kind of a standard, no?
> Lm_sensors and alsa bork too if its not there so I think this
> is not such a bad assumption to make.

hmm.
where the module know its version from ?
i think it's at module.h or some other kernel include files.
if you compile a module, it has the kernel version number compiled in
somwhow. where is it stored? we should use the same version for install.
and it shouldn't depend on where teh kernel source is, but on the kernel
include files path (normally linked from /usr/include/linux|asm)

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team

mailto:arpi at thot.banki.hu
http://esp-team.scene.hu