[MPlayer-users] libdvdcss and libdvdread issues

pl p_l at tfz.net
Thu Dec 27 20:10:05 CET 2001

On Wed, Dec 26, 2001 at 06:18:19PM +0100, Michael Hunold wrote:

> I'm very pleased with "mplayer" and how it plays dvds so far, but of
> course you can always improve things...
>
> For css decryption and dvd access, I'm currently using libdvdcss 1.0.0
> and libdvdread 0.9.2, which work nicely in conjunction with current
> mplayer cvs and with most of my dvds.
>
> But sometimes (for example with Disney's "Tarzan") the title key
> cracking takes very long (> 15 seconds for one title key), and even
> fails sometimes (the new "Shrek" movie):

Do you see this erroneous behavior with version 0.0.3.ogle of libdvdcss ?
I'm just asking as there are/have been issues with libdvdread 0.9.2
and versions of libdvdcss different from 0.0.3.ogle (dunno why).

<analysis stripped>

> then long pause, 3-4 seconds, then it continues.

I've experienced the same thing but not with a 100% probability...
(with libdvdcss 1.0.0)

> I'll cross check this on another machine, but I want to make sure that
> I'm not doing something completely stupid before.
>
> Any ideas are appreciated. I cannot belive that I am the only one who is
> annoyed by the "speed" of css decryption with newer dvds.

I guess you're not :)

--
Best regards,
  pl