[MPlayer-users] libdvdcss and libdvdread issues

Michael Hunold m.hunold at gmx.de
Thu Dec 27 10:36:07 CET 2001

Hello pl,

thanks for your hint.

 > Do you see this erroneous behavior with version 0.0.3.ogle of
libdvdcss ?
 > I'm just asking as there are/have been issues with libdvdread 0.9.2
 > and versions of libdvdcss different from 0.0.3.ogle (dunno why).

Ok, libdvdcss-0.0.3.ogle3 uses player keys by *default*, which are
packed into "css.c".

I know that all valid player keys can be extracted from each dvd, but as
you all probably know, the player keys are meant to be a secret. So
perhaps packing them directly into the source is not good...

libdvdcss-0.0.3.ogle3 indeed performs quiet well on cracking the title
keys -- the first key takes about 12 seconds, the other keys less than a
second.

But basically libdvdcss-0.0.3.ogle3 and libdvdcss-1.0.0 should behave
the same. Strange...

But I get more and more convinced that the problems are related to my
dvd drive (a cheap creative 12x). The cracking does not hang because it
takes so long, but because my drive does not respond for a long time...

Rats... I'll try and switch the dvd drive then...

 > I guess you're not :)

8-)

CU
Michael.