[MPlayer-users] Movie-Aspect problems

Peter Magnusson iocc at flashdance.cx
Thu Dec 27 20:37:57 CET 2001

On Thu, 27 Dec 2001, Arpi wrote:

> RTFM.

Yeah, i tryed. I didnt found anything when i grep:ed after it in the docs
dir. I grep:ed for aspect, ratio and stuff like that.

> x11 driver can't scale image. use -vo xv
> (like xmovie does)

Ok, and xv didnt work on this laptop. Hope it will work on my matrox G200
that i have at home.

But why is it trying to scale when it doesnt can do it? Thats quite stupid.
Better not try to scale it, and just show it.. like other players...
I dont matter i black border around the movie like in the old MpegTV
program. Its better than how it will be now with x11. So i think that an
option to turn that off would be great. Or even better, it should not try
to do like that in x11 driver mode. I CANT use anything else on this
laptop. So... with a such behaviour then i cant use mplayer to play videos
like this. And that would be very sad.

Think of them that only have a shitty gfxcard in their main-box and only
can use x11 mode. It was like this for me a year ago on my main-box...
(And even now, im not sure if xv will work...)