[MPlayer-users] Movie-Aspect problems

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Thu Dec 27 20:44:50 CET 2001

Hi,

> Yeah, i tryed. I didnt found anything when i grep:ed after it in the docs
> dir. I grep:ed for aspect, ratio and stuff like that.

grep != read

i didn't say GTFM, but RTFM

> > x11 driver can't scale image. use -vo xv
> > (like xmovie does)
>
> Ok, and xv didnt work on this laptop. Hope it will work on my matrox G200
> that i have at home.
yes, or use mga_vid for g200.

btw you can use slow software scaling (-zoom option) for x11.

> But why is it trying to scale when it doesnt can do it? Thats quite stupid.
> Better not try to scale it, and just show it.. like other players...
it come from design.
demuxer layer set up requested aspect ratio.
and video out driver may use or may ignore it. x11 ignore. xv use.

> I dont matter i black border around the movie like in the old MpegTV
> program. Its better than how it will be now with x11. So i think that an
> option to turn that off would be great. Or even better, it should not try
-noaspect. rtfm again.

> to do like that in x11 driver mode. I CANT use anything else on this
-vo sdl

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team

mailto:arpi at thot.banki.hu
http://esp-team.scene.hu