[MPlayer-users] 3:2 pulldown question/problem

Steven M. Schultz sms at 2BSD.COM
Sat Dec 29 00:24:41 CET 2001

Greetings -

	I'm seeing something strange when playing a SVCD made from a DVD
	vob file (using the mjpegtools programs).

	The original DVD is a NTSC film 3:2 pulldown (or 2:3 pullup - I get
	confused ;)) because there are fields with the "repeat" flag set to
	bring 23.97 to 29.97) and plays fine with MPlayer.   The SVCD plays
	fine but only if I specifically use "-fps 23.976" on the command line.

	Are there extra bits that need to be present in a header somewhere to
	say "the rate is 29.97 but there is 3:2 pulldown in use"?

	Inquiring minds (i.e. what did I do wrong ;)) want to know.

	Thanks.

	Steven Schultz