[MPlayer-users] Playback problem: inverse telecine

Tim U. mplayer at tetro.net
Sat Dec 29 00:17:47 CET 2001

I've uploaded a piece of a movie that shows the problem to:

ftp://mplayerhq.hu/MPlayer/incoming/inverse_telecine_problem/

     When the Priest snatches the book from the kid, you can see
that that part didn't get inverse telecined.  That would be neat
if you could fix this.  That mpeg2avi program (unfortunately for
Windows only) seems to correctly handle this scene, but it
screws up on two other scenes later in the movie.  That mpeg2avi
program comes with some source code, if that will help.  Here is
the URL for it:

   http://www.geocities.com/liaor2/mpeg2avi/mpeg2avi.htm

     I've noticed this same distortion on at least two other DVD
movies as well.  If you'd like, I could attempt to cut out the
distorted scenes from those movies as well.  This one was easy
because it was near the beginning.  I'm not sure how I'd cut
out a scene from the middle of a VOB file.

   - Tim U.