[MPlayer-users] mencoder issues .60pre2

Cláudio Sampaio (Patola) patola at solvo.com.br
Sun Dec 30 08:53:58 CET 2001

Sat 2001-12-29 23:35, Chris Wertman wrote:

> I can play DVD's fine, no problem, a little choppy
> from time to time,
> (Im on an AMD 750, RH 7.2(2.4.7-10)  512 meg , Nvidia
> Geo2 32 meg, should it do that, or is it lame system
> speed ?)

	No, it's not supposed to be choppy. I can bet it's because your DMA is
turned off. Try this (WARNING: this command is dangerous. man hdparm
before doing it, please):

	hdparm -d1 -k1 /dev/dvd

	Maybe you would have to do something like that (forcing your DMA mode):

	hdparm -d1 -k1 -X34 /dev/dvd

	Maybe that helps.

	About the mencoder problem, I have no clue. I didn't have a chance to
use it yet.

	Best regards,
--
        Patola (Cláudio Sampaio) - Solvo S/A
        IBM Certified Advanced Technical Expert and Systems Developer