[MPlayer-users] mencoder issues .60pre2

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Sun Dec 30 05:43:53 CET 2001

Hi,

> I can play DVD's fine, no problem, a little choppy
> from time to time,
> (Im on an AMD 750, RH 7.2(2.4.7-10)  512 meg , Nvidia
> Geo2 32 meg, should it do that, or is it lame system
> speed ?)
doesn't option -cache help?
then maybe buggy audio driver. check with -nosound

> NOW, the file plays, sounds nice, looks like some
> melted Dali ACID TRIP, If you seek forward it clears
> for a second and kinda starts melting again, then
> after 7-10 seconds it clear as a bell for a few frames
> then the same all over.
huh. sounds like codec-decoder incompatibility for me.
i've never heard about such issue, so it's new :)

please, show me mencoder -v [your options] _full_ output,
and if yo ucan, upload sample .avi file to our ftp.
i'll see how does it looks like (i can imagine 3 things,
all of them looks like acid trip but a bit different :))

what divx4linux version do you have?
did you playback on the same machine with the same mplayer
as encode?

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team

mailto:arpi at thot.banki.hu
http://esp-team.scene.hu