[mplayer] Future plans

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Tue Feb 20 07:05:26 CET 2001

Hi,

Nice to see how many people subscribed in the last 48 hours! :)

Now some words about the future...

The most important goal now is releasing 0.11 stable as soon as
possible. We must fix all known bugs (NOT missing features!)
before doing the release.
As you see, the latest pre-releases contains just small bugfixes,
i think that all serious bugs are already fixed. There are some
specific problem, incompatibilities with some distribution
(configure/Makefile problems) or soundcard driver.
Gabucino is working on the DOCS, including the homepage and the FAQ.
Please send us information if you have experienced them in pre24.

After releasing 0.11, we'll move to 0.12 :)
Main plans for the 0.12 serie:
- include ffmpeg package (realtime audio/video encoding) - DONE
- change from libvo to libxmm/Graph [see http://frozenproductions.com]
- change from /dev/dsp to libxmm/Sound
- update libmpeg2 to the 0.2.0 release  [see www.linuxvideo.org]
- update libac3 somehow
- import the GUI code (made by Pontscho)
- change demuxer routines to modules/plugins
- add .MOV (Quicktime) file support  [see TOOLS/movinfo.c]
- add DirectShow codecs support [see avifile 0.53+]
- fix mp3lib (native mp3 decoder) segfaults

MPlayer will change a lot as soon we start developing v0.12!

Thank you for supporting project,

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team

mailto:arpi at thot.banki.hu
http://esp-team.scene.hu